BOMBER RULES 2013
No Expressed Or Implied Warranty Of Safety Shall Result From Publication Of Or Compliance With These Rules. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators, or others. By choosing to participate at the Mt. Pleasant Speedway you will agree not to sue the promoter or any of its employees for any damages to injuries that may occur by racing or being on the property.
The purpose of this class is to establish a low cost, entry level form of dirt track racing.
The main objective is to have a class of cars that are fun and inexpensive.
IF IT DOES NOT SAY THAT YOU “CAN” IN THESE RULES, THEN YOU CANNOT!
ALL CARS must be American made passenger sedan, hard top or station wagons produced in the model years of 1955 through 2012. Cars must remain stock and completely intact with no cutting, gutting, stripping, reinforcing or modifying, EXCEPT as specifically outlined in these rules.
Camaro’s, Firebird’s, El Camino’s, Ranchero’s and Mustangs are NOT allowed
ALL CARS MUST HAVE
All cars must have a minimum of a 4 point roll cage with a roll bar and three driver’s side door bar minimum. Tubing size of 1 ½” by .120 wall thickness. The cage and welds must meet Mt. Pleasant Speedway tech safety standards. Gutting of the driver’s door is allowed for multiple door bars ( 3 minimum). NO OTHER GUTTING IS ALLOWED! No black pipe. Bars must be mild steel or chrome molly.
They must be bent, NO 45 degree angle cuts in roll bar. NO drilling or cutting of bar. NO gutting, reinforcing or modifying except to mount roll cage to frame. Anything on the interior of the car that is flammable, could melt, smolder etc. must be removed. Dashes are optional. METAL is not one of those items.
- Must be 13 years of age or older. Any driver under 18 must have a minor release form signed by both parents.
- Stock appearing body.
- 112” wheel base, minimum.
- NO exterior bars.
- All doors welded or bolted.
- Stock position motor.
- Grill in stock position. Plastic grills removed.
- All glass removed, including all tail lights, parking lenses etc. Windshields are OK.
- Seat belt and harness attached to frame and or cage.
- Racing seats are highly recommended.
- 5 point belts MANDATORY, MUST BE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION!
- Stock bumper in stock position for that model. Bumper securely welded. Tow hook chain on front and back.
- NO mirrors.
- Larger radiator permitted if in stock position.
- ALL suspensions stock, NO modifications.
- BRAKES- NO shut-off, NO line blocking or fluid limiting.
- 7” stock passenger wheels, NO special racing wheels on left side. 8” racing wheels on right side only. NO aluminum wheels.
- Large racing wheel nuts all around car, Recommended
- NO snow tires, NO McCreary or Hoosier tires.
- Maximum tire size P235-70-15.
- NO SHAVING tires.
- All tires subject to track approval.
- 1 or 2 barrel carburetors, must match stock intake. OR, factory original 4 barrel matching intake. Rochester to Chevy, Autolite to Ford, Carter to Mopar, etc. NO Spacers.
Factory, unaltered, fuel injection okay if original equipment 1987 and newer.
- Stock automatic transmissions only.
- NO headers.
- 2” exhaust must exit behind driver. Must meet 100 decibels. (2” O.D.)
- NO locked rear ends, NO posi-trac., NO limited slip.
- Gas tank in trunk, mounted and sealed from driver. Fuel Cell Recommended. 1987 and newer fuel injection models may put original gas tank in trunk, double strapped with protection bar behind it.
- Batteries covered and strapped. None in Driver’s Compartment.
- Mechanical or Stock fuel pumps.
- All holes in firewall and floor must be covered.
- Fire Extinguisher MANDATORY. MUST be in working order.
- Window nets MANDATORY.
- Fire suits and neck braces MANDATORY. Fireproof gloves recommended.
- WEIGHT – 3400 POUNDS MINIMUM WEIGHT. Added weight must be in plain sight, painted white and must have car number painted on it in contrasting color and must be readable. NO cement or liquid style weights. Weight must be securely mounted to car with a minimum of two ½” bolts & nuts. Loss of weights may be grounds for disqualifications!
- ALL chrome strips removed.
- ALL Drivers must be registered. More than one Driver can register the same car.
THE INSPECTOR HAS THE AUTHORITY TO ENFORCE ANY AND ALL RULES.
MT. PLEASANT HAS THE RIGHT TO MAKE RULE CHANGES.
CLAIMING / SWAPPING
Only a car that finished in the main event can be claimed for $1,000.00 cash and the claiming driver must swap cars. Cars will be relinquished as raced except for the battery, safety harness, racing seat and fuel cell. If car is claimed and the claim is denied, that driver will be disqualified (DQ’d) for that race, suspended and fined.
1st Time: $300.00 fine, no points for the night and one week suspension.
2nd Time: $500.00 fine, no points for the rest of the season and two weeks suspension
3rd Time: Driver will be suspended for the rest of the season and forfeit all points and any points money.
WHO CAN CLAIM / SWAP
A Bomber driver who raced in the same main may be the only person that can claim/swap. Must stop immediately after race, in the infield claiming area. Must notify Track Official of claim and have $1,000.00 cash at that time. If more than one claim on the same car, the highest finishing driver takes precedent.
ALL CLAIM / SWAPS ARE FINAL